|“||Why deny such intense love? We were made for each other!||”|
There are several hints in the show that Kaeloo and Mr Cat have feelings for each other.
- Kaeloo is often very happy to have Mr. Cat join her when playing games, and she will on occasion beg him to play with her.
- In the Pilot, he confesses that he has a crush on her (which unfortunately fails because he says a swear word in the middle of his confession), with hearts floating above his head.
- In "Let's Play at Reading Books", Kaeloo is about to read a now book-shaped (because of her beating on him as Bad Kaeloo) Mr. Cat. When she is about to open him, the screen gets entirely dark and we hear her exclaim: "*gasp* Mr. Caaat!..." with a naughty tone of voice.
- In "Let's Play Trap-Trap", when Kaeloo hugs Mr. Cat, she blushes. And we can note that he absolutely wanted to team up with her.
- Later in the same episode, he asks her for another hug when trying to persuade her not to beat him up.
- In Let's Play TV News, Mr. Cat tries to comfort Kaeloo when he sees her upset.
- In "Let's Play Prince Charming", Mr. Cat tries to kiss Kaeloo twice.
- In "Let's Play Danger Island Survivor", Mr. Cat sees Bad Kaeloo in a grass skirt and compliments her appearance.
- In "Let's Play Peace, Man!", Kaeloo wants to kiss Mr. Cat, and she forcefully kisses him off-screen as Bad Kaeloo. At the end of the episode, she asks him with a seductive-like face while putting her hands on his face if they can start all over again.
- In "Let's Play Market Vendors", Kaeloo seems to be somewhat attracted to Mr. Cat when the latter is dressed as a security guard.
- In, "Let's Play House", Mr. Cat calls Kaeloo "My Coochy-Coo!" and looks at her seductively, holding her hand. The buddies are pretending to be a family where Mr. Cat is the father and Kaeloo is the mother. Later in the episode, Mr. Cat wants to do the unthinkable for a PG-rated TV show (namely, having sex) with Kaeloo which causes her to transform. But he tells her that she is even more cute when she is transforming, and gives him goosebumps. He then asks her to do it again.
- In "Let's Play Baby-Sitting", Mr. Cat goes on a date with Kaeloo, tries to kiss her and confesses that he loves her, only later to claim that he was "just kidding" (because Bad Kaeloo beat him up). It's also suggested in the episode that she wanted to have babies with him.
- In "Let's Play Air Pockets" he tries flirting with her while they are on a plane where he is the pilot and she is an air hostess.
- In "Let's Play the Quest for the Wholly Gruel", Kaeloo wishes to be crushed to death by a meteorite, but Mr. Cat pulls her out of the way and drags her to safety.
- In "Let's Play Courtroom Drama", he doesn't want her to leave Smileyland, even if preventing her from leaving meant confessing to a crime he had previously claimed to be innocent of.
- In "Let's Play Figurines", Kaeloo makes doll versions of herself and Mr. Cat kiss each other.
- In "Let's Play Lady Luck", Bad Kaeloo jumps out of a gift box (with intentions to beat Mr. Cat up) and yells "Surprise!", and he happily says (despite knowing what would happen) that he loves surprises.
- In "Let's Play Interdimensional Hide and Seek", Mr Cat flirts with Bad Kaeloo from another dimension.
- In "Let's Play Soccer", when Mr. Cat plays with the ball like an actual cat, Kaeloo remarks on how cute he looks.
- In "Let's Play Return to the Super Past", Kaeloo wants to rescue Mr. Cat. When she succeeds, she's happy that Mr. Cat's alive.
- In "Let's Play the End of the World", Mr Cat confesses to Kaeloo that he has had a crush on her since the beginning and tries to kiss her.
- In "Let's Play Party", Mr Cat wants to see Bad Kaeloo. When Kaeloo finally transforms, he tries to woo her. In the end, he tries to kiss her.
- In "Let's Play Top Models", Mr Cat helps Kaeloo get revenge on Pretty when she was bullying Kaeloo. At the end, she gives him a hug.
- In "Let's Play Waiter Race", Mr. Cat briefly attempts to flirt with Bad Kaeloo before fleeing the scene.
- In "Let's Play Musical Comedy", he tries to flirt with Bad Kaeloo during a song.
- In "Let's Play Game Over: Level 1", he tells her that he likes her just the way she is.
- In "Let's Play the Very Special Episode", Mr. Cat has a daydream about being massaged by numerous clones of Kaeloo, and later in the episode he gazes dreamily at her when she transforms. He seems to like her bad thoughts, which are personified as miniature versions of her. Near the end of the episode, they both hold hands.
- In "Let's Play Garage Sale", Mr. Cat attempts to sleep in Kaeloo's bed next to her since his own bedroom is filled with objects and doesn't have space.
- In addition, Bad Kaeloo comes up with a rather unusual punishment: "buying" Mr. Cat (who has no problem with selling himself to her, even offering to let her "try him out" for free) and then cuddling, hugging and petting him in an aggressive and forceful manner.
- In "Let's Play Locked Away", after Stumpy and Quack Quack are arrested, leaving Kaeloo and Mr. Cat alone, Mr. Cat tries to get Kaeloo to go on a date with him. During this, he puts his hand on her face. In addition, he uses a euphemism to refer to having sex after the date.
- In "Let's Play Beautiful Words", Mr. Cat attempts to flirt with Bad Kaeloo and suggests that both of them can move somewhere else together. Also, he tries to comfort Kaeloo when she is upset and help her with her problems. At one point, he suggests that they should leave everything and move somewhere else together.
- Kaeloo also seems charmed by Mr. Cat's knowledge of intellectual words, and she appears happy to see how well he knows her. At one point in the episode, she almost drapes herself over him.
- In "Let's Play Very Pretty TV", during a soap opera featuring the main four as its characters, Mr. Cat's character flirts with Kaeloo's.
- In "Let's Play Job Interview", Mr. Cat affectionately pinches Kaeloo's cheek.
- In "Let's Play Don't Go to Sleep", Kaeloo, feeling cold, snuggles against a sleeping Mr. Cat. Later, Mr. Cat is woken up when Stumpy and Quack Quack make too much noise. When he notices Kaeloo next to him, he smiles tenderly and appears to be touched.
- At the end of the episode, Mr. Cat meets the magical fairy who was supposed to grant him a wish. The audience later finds out that he wished for several clones of Kaeloo (and a bar full of drinks).
- In "Let's Play Jetset vs. Jahjah", when Kaeloo is crying, Mr. Cat gently pats her on the back and tries to comfort her. He also tells her that she doesn't have to be the way others want her to be, but that she should be herself.
More hints coming soon!
Role in the show
Mr. Cat's main reason for provoking Kaeloo to get angry in almost every episode is actually because he has a crush on her, and enjoys seeing her transform.
Interestingly, whether they like each other or not, or who likes who, depends on the episode; in "Let's Play Peace, Man!", Mr. Cat was horrified at the prospect of being kissed by Kaeloo, but in "Let's Play House", Kaeloo seemed disgusted by his advances towards her.
A few episodes, such as "Let's Play Baby-Sitting", focus on their relationship. Kaeloo herself seems oblivious to Mr. Cat's feelings for her, but the other characters seem to have figured it out. For example, in the episode "Let's Play Clone Party", when Stumpy tries to impersonate Mr. Cat, he attempts to kiss a picture of Bad Kaeloo. In addition, Stumpy seems to want them to become a couple.